CIQS Job Bank:
Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts – Estimation et surveillance de prêt (Groupe Altus) Montréal ou Québec
Les gens chez Altus sont des gens qui voient grand, qui veulent aller plus loin et en faire plus. Ils ne voient pas de frontières, ils voient l'occasion. Ils regardent au-delà de la description du poste afin d'innover et d'explorer. Ils cherchent à en savoir plus et à trouver de nouvelles réponses. Ils obtiennent des résultats pour nos clients et notre entreprise et ils sont reconnus et récompensés pour leur valeur. Il n'y a qu'un seul Altus et il n'y a qu'un seul vous. Voici votre chance d'être remarquable.
Titre du poste: Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts – Estimation et surveillance de prêt
Numéro de référence: C-001 Conseiller(ère) en analyse de coûts
Division: Consultation en analyse de coûts et gestion de projets
Localisation: Montréal ou Québec
Les professionnels de la consultation en analyse de coûts et de la gestion de projets du Groupe Altus recherchent un(e) conseiller(ère) ayant trois ans d'expérience ou plus en estimation et/ou contrôle de coûts de projets de construction pour les aider dans une grande variété de tâches.
Date de disponibilité: Immédiatement
- Fournir une variété de services en analyse et estimation de coûts :
- réalisation de métrés;
- préparation d'estimation de coûts selon l'avancement des plans;
- surveillance de prêts de construction.
- Préparer et rédiger des rapports en français et en anglais;
- Effectuer des visites de chantiers;
- Analyser l'avancement des travaux.
Heures régulières de travail:
- Les employés professionnels doivent travailler quarante (40) heures par semaine pour satisfaire leurs responsabilités à l'interne et les besoins des clients. La flexibilité est requise avec beaucoup d'investissement en temps durant les périodes de forte demande.
Compétences techniques et relations interpersonnelles:
- Une personne qui est motivée et passionnée par la construction, organisée et respectueuse des délais à rencontrer. Le candidat devra aider le personnel senior à la préparation des rapports de suivi de coûts, à des estimations et autres tâches nécessaires;
- Bonne connaissance des méthodes d'estimation les plus utilisées (Masterformat, Uniformat et ICÉC);
- Compréhension générale des méthodes et matériaux de construction et des pratiques standards;
- Être en mesure d'analyser les échéanciers et les plans et devis à toutes les étapes d'un projet;
- Connaissances informatiques notamment avec les logiciels suivants : Excel, Word, MS Project, Timberline, On-Screen Take-off et SharePoint;
- Capacité de travailler en équipe et de manière indépendante;
- Prendre des initiatives et faire preuve d'ingéniosité;
- Bonnes aptitudes à la communication en anglais et français;
- Aptitude à travailler de façon multitâche et à respecter des échéanciers serrés;
- Grand sens de l'initiative, sens de l'intégrité, de l'honnêteté et de l'éthique de haut caliber;
- S'efforce de livrer un travail et des services de très grande qualité aux clients (internes et externes);
- Projeter une image professionnelle;
- Habiletés prouvées dans la gestion, la planification et l'organisation de projets.
Exigences en matière d'éducation, de perfectionnement professionnel et d'expérience de travail:
- Trois ans d'expérience ou plus en estimation et/ou contrôle de coûts de projets de construction;
- Membre RICS, ICÉC, LEED ou en cours d'obtention;
- DEC en estimation, Certificat en économie de la construction, Certificat gestion de construction ou l'équivalent;
- Détenteur(trice) de la carte ASP construction et d'un permis de conduire – le/la candidat(e) sera appelé(e) à effectuer des visites de chantier et devra être en mesure d'évaluer l'avancement des travaux effectués.
Intéressé? Vous connaissez quelqu'un?
Les personnes enthousiastes et intéressées à postuler sont invitées à soumettre leur candidature et une lettre de présentation à firstname.lastname@example.org en citant le numéro de référence : C-001 Conseiller(ère) en analyse des coûts.
Date de publication: 2017-05-12
Construction Estimator (Island West Coast Developments Ltd.) Nanaimo, BC
IWCD is a leader in providing Design-Build, General Contracting and Construction Management services for commercial, institutional, industrial and infrastructure projects. With offices in Nanaimo and Victoria, IWCD serves all of Vancouver Island. IWCD is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2013.
At IWCD we believe that our people are the foundation of our business. As such, we work hard to develop our people not only to grow our business, but more importantly to create a work environment and job opportunities that will give our employees the forum to excel so they can contribute beyond their pay-cheque and be a part of the IWCD family and the communities we work in. We are as committed to ‘building’ passionate people into leaders as we are passionate about building great structures.
Please visit our website for more about our company and projects www.iwcd.ca
Work alongside estimating team managing all phases of construction estimate and tenders including:
- Analyze drawings and specifications, and understand contractual terms and conditions
- Prepare trade scope clarifications and RFI management
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates, proposals for stipulated price bid submission and design-build projects
- Provide clear, detailed quantity take-offs on all scopes of work
- Communicate with consultants, trades and staff in a professional manner
- Clear, organized estimate handover to Operations
The position is open to experienced individuals who have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience estimating ICI projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Construction, Building Technology, Engineering or Architecture
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, time-management, multi-tasking skills and logical decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, and Word is necessary
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, and takes initiative
SALARY AND BENEFITS
IWCD offers a comprehensive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary and benefits including extended health and dental
- Employer supported training and education
- Opportunities for career advancement
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Release Date: 2017-06-14
Coordinator, Facilities Capital Assets (City of Pickering) Pickering, ON
Pickering is a vibrant, connected, and engaged community that is experiencing both significant economic and residential growth. We continue to evolve as a preferred destination for creative learning, memorable events, and unique experiences, and are seeking passionate candidates that are committed to joining us on our journey.
Our dedicated, energetic staff are guided by our core values and corporate priorities which fuel an inclusive culture and encourages teamwork, customer service excellence, and personal and professional growth.
The City provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with a focus on workplace wellness. Explore our career opportunities and see how you can make a difference.
Coordinator, Facilities Capital Assets
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the Facilities Asset Management Database, supporting development and implementation of the Asset Management Plan (AMP) and assisting with Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) reporting requirements. The incumbent also provides support to the Manager by coordinating project management functions and construction administration documents pertaining to Facilities-based construction and repair projects, from budget planning through construction and final hand-off to operations staff. Additional responsibilities include conducting inspections and preparing reports on construction activities in the field, working with contractors and consultants retained by the City for the preparation and execution of capital projects and related strategic planning.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Successful completion of a Certificate in a Technical/Engineering, Architectural, Estimating, Quantity Surveying area of study or a related field, or an acceptable combination of education, training and work experience.
- Must have three years of combined, recent and relevant experience in the fields of general construction and/or facility management, preferably in a Municipal Environment.
- Proven competence and technical knowledge of various trades and systems involved with construction (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical), building technologies and building infrastructure. Awareness of sustainable practices and technologies is an asset.
- Must have prior training and proficiency using Accruent’s VFA Facilities software, or acceptable equivalent, within the last five years.
- Established skills and experience using PC equipment and related software applications (MS Office Suite, MS Project, AutoCAD). Familiarity with graphic editing software (Adobe Photoshop, etc.) is an asset.
- Existing knowledge of industry standard means, methods, materials and equipment employed in construction.
- Demonstrable ability to read and understand technical drawings, specification and shop drawings.
- Able to analyze construction budgets and estimates.
- Practical knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, standard CCDC construction documents and construction contract administration.
- Past project management experience is an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently and reliably on assigned duties in a multi task work environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage time independently.
- Must be medically and physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and Windows based computer applications.
- Must be able to read, understand and clearly communicate written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, on weekends and on holidays as required and respond to after work emergencies.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with the public and others involved in City business.
- Good interpersonal, leadership, decision making, organizational, communication (written and oral in English) and customer service skills.
- Must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Reference Check as a condition of employment.
- Must hold, or acquire within six months, a current Standard First Aid (within two years of certification) and Basic Rescuer CPR-C (within one year of certification) certificates.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and provide consent to conduct ongoing Driver’s Abstracts through the Ministry of Transportation. A clean driving record is preferred.
Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan and a salary ranging from $30.29/hr. to $33.65/hr. (based on a 35 hour work week).
Qualified candidates may submit a detailed resume or online application form by Friday, June 30, 2017 to:
Human Resources Division
One The Esplanade
Pickering, ON L1V 6K7
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodations throughout the recruitment process. Documents are available alternate formats upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Release Date: 2017-06-20
Pre-Construction Cost Estimator - Entry Level (Vermeulens) Richmond Hill, ON
Vermeulens is a North American leader in construction cost economics with 40 years in the industry. We specialize in pre-construction cost control in the institutional sectors of health-care, higher education, science and technology, and cultural facilities. With over 150 projects per year spanning the United States and Canada, Vermeulens estimates over $10 billion in construction volume.
Due to rapid growth, we are seeking a dynamic individual to complement our team. This is a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Pre-Construction Cost Estimator – Entry Level
As a Cost Estimator, you will assume an active role in estimating projects from concept design to contract documents. Your educational background, exceptional computer skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills will allow you to contribute to the estimation of each project through to a successful consensus-driven reconciliation with the client and all stakeholders.
We are seeking an entry-level candidate in the Toronto area that can demonstrate outstanding communication and project management skills. Your numerical personality will make you a perfect fit. You will work closely with our highly specialized estimating and project management teams in our head office and satellite offices.
- Preparation of detailed quantity surveys
- Analyzing data and preparation of reports
- Providing accurate surveys and reports
- Reviewing and comparing estimates
- Understanding ratios and cost drivers
- Communicating estimate and variances to Project Manager for reconciliation with client
- Participating in reconciliation meetings with construction managers
- Monitoring project costs, performing cost analysis, and preparing project reports
- Reviewing bids for Project Manager
- Participating in value engineering
- Analysis of design documentation
- Building office relationships, mentoring, showing leadership and collaboration
- Integrating with estimate production team and process
- Mastering cost estimation and scheduling software
- Understanding and integrating within the Vermeulens culture
- Completion of a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, PQS, Engineering Technology, Construction Estimating, or related degree or diploma
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in you numerical and analytical abilities
- Work experience that demonstrates project management skills
- Highly organized, utilizing well-developed time management techniques
- Self-motivated to maintain a sharp learning curve
- Skilled in delegation and proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Ability to lead meetings and eventually travel throughout North America
- Outstanding computer and technical skills; including knowledge of Excel, Access etc.
This progressive opportunity offers competitive compensation and bonus as well as health benefits coverage and more!
Join an organization that offers a collaborative working environment and the support of an extremely well organized, motivated, and successful firm.
Vermeulens goes above and beyond to maintain its outstanding reputation in their field of expertise. Truly, Service Beyond Estimation®.
Apply for this Position:
Please apply to our website www.vermeulens.com
Release Date: 2017-05-17
Senior Cost Manager – P3 (Rider Levett Bucknall) Oakville, ON
|Title:||Senior Cost Manager – P3|
|Job Category:||Construction – Cost Management|
|Reporting to:||Office Director|
|To Apply:||Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! With 24 offices in North America and the Caribbean in addition to over a hundred global offices and over 3,500 staff worldwide, RLB has a truly global reach while still offering a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
RLB is an award-winning international firm, known for providing property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the construction cycle. Utilizing its many years of experience and professionally trained employees, RLB continues to firmly establish itself as one of the major players in the construction industry throughout the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Our employees are involved in a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from sports arenas and healthcare to higher education and convention centers.
As a privately held company, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide extensive opportunities for professional growth while working on exciting projects while providing an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manager with experience in P3 projects in the role of Lenders Technical Advisor, or as Independent Certifier to join a client focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-quality individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Senior Cost Manager will take a leadership role on future P3 assignments, and will be expected to assist in securing additional P3 projects across Canada. The candidate must be capable of being a client contact, and managing our internal team assembled for the assignments.
The Senior Cost Manager is to participate in all independent construction cost control functions for review of the construction projects change orders including complete estimates, value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies, and historical cost reports. This individual is capable of performing cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies.
- Reviews drawings and specifications to determine scope and quantities to calculate pricing.
- Communicates, solicits and interacts with sub-contractors in various trades to obtain pricing for projects.
- Determines quantities of materials in various trades by using estimating department software.
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid analyses.
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainable practices.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and site visits to assess the conditions of the site or existing building, as necessary.
- Develop project understanding to calculate budgets from schematic through final construction documents as assigned.
- Communicates with team members, bid captains, estimating manager and others as required, convening scopes, pricing, construction details, etc.
- Develops strategies to pursue, estimate and win competitive bids.
- Be fully versed in a variety of P3/AFP contract types, including DBF, DBFM, DBFO etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or related field is required
- Recent experience in an Intermediate or Senior level involvement in the role of Technical Advisor or Independent Certifier for 5 different P3 / AFP projects
- Recent experience with P3 Lenders, Provincial Infrastructure Clients and Consortiums (ProjectCo)
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement / pricing
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
Release Date: 2017-04-07
Site Quantity Surveyor (Andritz Hydro Canada Inc.) Pointe-Claire, QC
The Quantity Surveyor will be part of Andritz site project team, responsible to ensure that progress and cost & hours allocations are correctly reported to the appropriate people as well as in respect of the approval matrix. Mandate includes having responsibility for defining data collection procedures, as well as surveying, measuring, and quantifying project progress. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible to perform trend analysis, prepare forecasts, and signal the need for corrective and preventative action. The role requires working on site and being on a rotational basis.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Monitors, tracks, and evaluates cost and earned value performance;
- Measures progress achieved by the project team and subcontractors using meaningful and accurate data;
- Performs trend analysis, identifies variances and deviation, then works with the project site team to implement corrective action;
- Assembles and compiles cost data and prepares survey reports;
- Collects measurement information including cost and financial progress for assigned projects;
- Measures subcontractor progress achieved on site to validate subcontractor progress claims;
- Ensures contract adherence to financial terms and conditions;
- Ensures the accurate reporting of earned value (EV) methodologies including but not limited to Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI) on assigned projects;
- Develops quantity measurement plans, - measurement method, timing, and frequency - which will be followed in collaboration with the site team, to measure project progress.
- Coordinates field inspections and liaises with site leads, field supervisors, and subcontractors;
- Ensures survey note books, sketches, reports and complete and up to date;
- Provides cost back-up and documentation to support the preparation of claims and back charges.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years working experience on large construction sites;
- Proven leadership ability within a team context;
- Ability to read drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes;
- Understanding of building rules and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, and contract law, so that understanding commercial and contractual implications of any decisions;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, methodical and logical approach to achieve good quantity surveyors;
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to multitask and shift between many different projects and initiatives with tight deadlines;
- Professionalism and tact in representing the company to our internal and external customers;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to travel & work on site for extended periods.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send your resume and cover letter to RHR.HYDRO@andritz.com or use the link below to apply. Thank you!
Release Date: 2017-05-17